Assistant Information System Security Officer
- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Assistant Information System Security Officer (A-ISSO) works closely with the ISSO to ensure that the company's information technology systems comply with regulations and client requirements by performing duties as defined in ICD-703, DoD 5220.22-M (NISPOM), DCSA DAAPM, NIST SP 800-171, NIST RMF, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook, and as directed by the company's Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation, configuration, operation, maintenance, system security documentation and overall security posture of IT systems to satisfy requirements defined in DoD ICD-703, NISPOM, DCSA, DAAPM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Act as a backup for ISSO-related tasks on all accredited systems (classified and unclassified). This includes activities like documentation updates, user security briefings, and auditing.
- Assist the ISSO to conduct security controls self-assessment utilizing the DISA Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC) for automated checks and all appropriate baseline/benchmark Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Assist ISSO to execute the Continuous Monitoring (CONMON) strategy for authorized Information Systems.
- Assist Configuration Control Board (CCB) to review software, hardware and network changes to systems.
- Work with the ISSO and the IT Teams to verify domain changes are coordinated with employees and that required hardware, software, and procedures are adjusted to maintain access to all services.
- Work closely with the FSO, ISSM, ISSO's, and IT Teams on activities related to information security.
- Assist with client support activities related to information security.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with basic client system troubleshooting and maintenance techniques.
- High level of attention to detail
- Familiarity with server and network administration
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field is required. Four year's professional experience working in an IT-related role, or an Associates Degree and two year's professional experience, may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in an IT system management environment is preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
A certification identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT Level II or higher is required to be obtained within six months of hire. Candidates with a current certification at this level will receive preference.
For a list of approved certifications, visit https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings