- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The incumbent professional will primarily provide support for the testing and evaluation of screening systems related to transportation security, particularly Advanced Imaging Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the design and execution of data collection test plans
- Prepares test samples for analyses
- Safely handles explosive and other hazardous materials
- Assembles test articles per test specifications
- Analyzes and compiles data, and assists in the reporting of results
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's)
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Good working knowledge of scientific and analytical techniques
- Good working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office software
Education/Experience: Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, physics, or other core science and up to twelve years of work experience.
Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses are required for this position.
Clearance: The ability to obtain a Secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.