IT Client Support Assistant
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Client Support Assistant provides on-site and remote end-user support and troubleshooting of issues related to end-user information technology assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls and trouble tickets, determine problems through asking appropriate questions, perform basic troubleshooting, and help in resolution of issues.
- Research problems through review of vetted knowledge base articles and discussion with co-workers.
- Determine appropriate escalation of trouble tickets.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Windows 10
- General knowledge of computer hardware
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including Office 365 and Skype for Business
- Familiarity with operating and maintaining personal workstations and other IT-related equipment found in a typical office environment, including, but not limited to, desktops/laptops, scanners/printers, VTC systems, VoIP phones, etc.
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is required. Two years professional experience working in an IT-related role may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Certificates and Licenses:
None required. This position requires that the candidate be able to complete a successful background screening.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
This position is a M-F 40-hour/week position in an office environment. Specific scheduled start time will be established by the Supervisor. Due to the nature of the position, strict adherence to scheduled work hours is a firm requirement. Deviations from scheduled work hours must be preauthorized by the Supervisor. Incumbent may be required to work overtime or adjust start and stop times to meet company requirements. Must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; and must be able to sit for long durations in front of a computer. May have occasional contact with lab materials.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.