- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The incumbent professional will perform difficult and complex duties related to the acquisition of materials and services to fulfill requests for purchases in accordance with established company policies and procedures and under limited supervision of the supervisor, and will provide mentoring and guidance to junior-level department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists staff in defining requirements for acquisition requisitions in accordance with company policies and other regulations.
- Receives and reviews requisitions documents from staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Initiates requests for quotations or invitations to bid based on requisition documents received from staff.
- Performs independent research and analysis to confirm price reasonableness through a variety of techniques.
- Confirms responsibility of potential vendors.
- Performs cost analysis, as required, to evaluate overall cost reasonableness and realism.
- Receives and compares bids and quotes against specifications to determine and make best value awards.
- Negotiates terms and conditions with vendors, including but not limited to schedule, pricing discounts, and warranties.
- Compiles and records pricing information to create award justification documentation.
- Generates and distributes purchase order documentation.
- Follows up on back orders; expedites with vendor any special arrangements for delivery, and communicates to department and requestors the expected delivery date.
- Resolves issues with vendors, and communicates to department and requestors as to resolution.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Incumbent must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Incumbent must be able to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, government regulations, and legal documents, write effective correspondence for both internal and external consumption, and speak effectively before groups of employees, clients, or vendors.
- Incumbent must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Incumbent must have a mastery of basic algebra and a working knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Incumbent must possess sound reasoning skills and regularly show ability to learn and interpret complex technical rules, regulations, and instructions. Incumbent must be able to solve practical problems dealing with a variety of concrete variables with limited guidance from the supervisor and with great attention to detail.
- Incumbent must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
Incumbent must have a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field and two years of prior related professional experience. Prior experience employed in industry in a position involving the administration of subcontracts issued in furtherance of U.S. Government prime contracts is preferred.
A graduate degree satisfies all requirements for education and experience.
Completion of 60 hours of undergraduate coursework (including at least 24 hours in business administration and related fields) and six years of prior related professional experience satisfies all requirements for education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Incumbent must be able to successfully complete a background screening to maintain a SECRET-level clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment available. Incumbent will be required to sit for extended periods at a desk and work on a computer for up to eight hours per day.
- Incumbent will be required to work a set schedule negotiated with the supervisor.
- Incumbent must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance and 40 pounds with assistance to complete inventory activities or move file boxes.