- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
To provide analytical support, quality assurance support, and chemical subject matter expertise to national and homeland security sample collection and analysis programs, with a focus on CBRNe missions. The successful candidate will also support internal Signature Science quality programs, including the Signature Science ISO 17043 accredited Proficiency Testing Program and ISO 17025 accreditation initiative, through auditing and quality management system document development.
Essential Duties and Reponsibilities:
• Perform analytical laboratory work including preparing cocktails and proficiency test samples; performing sample extraction and analysis using gas chromatograph mass spectrometry (GC/MS), liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), high performance liquid chromatography - ultraviolet (HPLC-UV), and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR); and maintaining laboratory equipment.
• Plan and implement chemical analysis proficiency tests for methods such as GC/MS, FTIR, RAMAN, etc. Activities may include developing proficiency test plans, performing laboratory pilot testing, preparing and verifying proficiency test samples, and packaging samples for shipment
• Assist with the validation and/or verification of new methods
• Evaluate and summarize quality assurance and/or proficiency test data, provide input and review of technical reports, identify data trends and other issues
• Perform internal audits of Signature Science systems and procedures against relevant internal or external standards, including audits of the Signature Science Proficiency Test Program against the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043 and internal policies and procedures
• Assist client laboratories in preparing for external ISO 17025 accreditation assessments and attend assessments as an advocate for the client laboratory
• Provide feedback on auditee corrective actions
• Contribute to the development and revision of project quality documents, most of which are based on the ISO/IEC 17025 and 17043 standards
• Provide ISO 17025 (or other quality topics) training to clients
• Serve as a Lead Auditor for external audits of client laboratories and/or sample collection teams, providing on-site identification of audit findings, interacting directly with management of auditee organization, delivering an oral out brief summary of audit findings, and overseeing the development of the written audit report
• May regularly communicate with external laboratory staff to help resolve QA, PT, or other quality-related issues
• May serve as a task leader on one or more projects
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of GC/MS, LC-MS/MS, HPLC-UV, and FTIR techniques
• Analytical chemistry skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17043 standards
• Intermediate analytical laboratory auditing experience (demonstrated by CQA certification within six months of hire date)
• Experience with CBRNE applications preferred
• Ability to lead small teams and ensure accurate and timely submission of project deliverables
• Proactive, self-starter
• Bachelor degree (or higher) in chemistry or related field
• 5-10 years of experience performing analytical chemistry laboratory methods and/or or providing quality assurance support to analytical programs
• Laboratory experience with PCR, immunoassay methods, GC/MS, FTIR, and/or RAMAN highly desired
• General quality management experience highly desired
• Experience performing audits desired
• Experience assessing data for trends desired
Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certification required. This certification must be obtained within 6 months from date of hire.
Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
• Ability to work in varying conditions to include:
- Traditional office environments with sedentary extended periods required for voluminous data analysis via office automation
- Climate controlled laboratory environments requiring extended periods of standing when performing laboratory analyses or during audits
- Mobile laboratories, subject to wide ranges of temperature and humidity, requiring extended periods of standing, stooping or kneeling in confined spaces
- Conference, classrooms, or theaters that involve extended periods of standing for training delivery or command briefings
- Outdoors in various weather and lighting conditions including heat, humidity, cold, snow, bright sun, and dark night
• Exposure to various chemical and biological materials associated with an analytical lab or facility
• Ability to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, coats or gowns, shoe covers, tyvek coveralls, safety glasses, respirators, and/or PAPRs.
• Subject to medical monitoring based on lab functions.
• Candidate must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings