- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Create and oversee implementation of quality standards, methods, configuration management systems, work instructions, and procedures for the development, manufacturing, testing, and delivery of hardware and software products to assure that they meet all mission and quality requirements. Assess program performance and risks, and determine resources to ensure mission assurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead team of quality specialists to develop and document quality systems and processes in the areas of management responsibility, auditing, quality trends, quality costs, training, validation, design controls, purchasing controls, corrective and preventive actions, process control, calibration, configuration management, documentation control, etc. to ensure mission success and compliance with all customer requirements in support of complex hardware/software development efforts.
- Define quality metrics; develop approaches for evaluating metrics and using data to inform the product development/manufacturing team and foster continuous improvement.
- Perform time and motion studies, failure mode effects analysis, and other quality engineering studies, as applicable.
- Identify and document product development risks; develop mitigation plans to reduce, eliminate and prevent design or manufacturing defects.
- Perform assessments and audits on processes, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with specifications, engineering drawings, written procedures, and requirements of ISO-9001/AS9100 and other standards, as applicable.
- Determine requirements and develop acceptance plans for ensuring that procured and internally manufactured material requirements are met and will support overall program/mission success.
- Lead and support supplier assessments, including supplier capability assessments and audits.
- Review and approve Design Specifications and Design Verification and Validation protocols; facilitate and participate in design reviews; develop quality engineering deliverables and assure Design History File (DHF) is updated as necessary.
- Develop and implement a hardware and software configuration management system that supports the program's development life cycle.
- Specify and develop special inspection equipment, fixtures, and procedures in conjunction with manufacturing, as applicable.
- Ensure the identification and appropriate disposition of non-conforming materials of non-conforming materials, including adjustment, rework, and scrap, as applicable.
- Initiate corrective action process review, approval and monitoring; assure appropriate root causes are identified and fully addressed through effective corrective action; communicate issue and resolution to functional stakeholders.
- Interface with customers, partners, suppliers, and program personnel on quality related issues.
- Support all Government inspections, audits, investigations, and inquiries regarding the control and assessment of product design and manufacturing quality.
- Utilize lean initiatives, as applicable, to reduce waste and inefficiencies.
- Define and utilize configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally acquired products.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 family of quality standards and direct experience with ISO 9001
- Knowledge of quality systems and competence in the selection and use of statistical analysis processes and tools, supplier assessment processes, configuration management, and other Quality Engineering tools and techniques
- Familiarity with data-driven quality assessment and control tools such as control charts, Pareto analysis, ANSI Z1.4 and ANSIZ1.9, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Root Cause Corrective Action containment and analysis process and tools.
- Demonstrated ability in producing written material to present to customers
- Understanding of typical industry standard program metrics
- Working knowledge of Risk and Opportunity management
- Chemical sampler development/analysis knowledge and experience desired
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process desired
- Demonstrated ability to relay and receive information (i.e. collaboration, presentation and consulting skills)
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5+ years of Quality Assurance/Mission Assurance/Project Management/Engineering experience -OR- Masters and minimum of 3+ years of Quality Assurance/Mission Assurance/Project Management/Engineering experience.
Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Quality Engineering (CQE), Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE), Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA), or Six Sigma certification desired.
Clearance: This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference. *Must be a US Citizen*
Supervisory Responsibilities: Little to no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The candidate is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings