- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of Signature Science, a provider of scientific and technical solutions to the U.S. Government and industry for over 20 years. Activities under control of the Accounting Manager include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, general ledger, financial analysis, financial reporting, and recordkeeping. Duties also include supervising accounting staff and ensuring appropriate processes and procedures are in place to ensure that Signature Science is compliant with all rules, regulations, and guidelines associated with its standing as a federal government contractor.
- Maintain the Company's accounting system as a federal government contractor.
- Oversee the operations and staff within the Company's Accounting Department, including the authority to impact the department's organizational structure. Must be a fully involved manager and be able to work productively with internal staff and client representatives
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls, and a monthly accounting calendar
- Prepare and present timely and accurate financials and associated reports for project managers, corporate managers, and client representatives
- Manage and establish the controls for the chart of accounts, A/R, A/P, general ledger, reconciliation, tax and collection functions
- Post, adjust, and monitor journal entries within the accounting system
- Establish and maintain an orderly, complete, and compliant filing system
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (e.g., DCAA), oversee preparation of required items
Work will primarily be conducted at the Company's headquarters in Austin, TX. Occasional, but limited, travel may be required.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Preferred: Master's degree in Accounting, Current Certified Public Accountant license
Required Years of Experience:
A minimum of five (5) years' experience as Controller or Accounting Manager for a federal government contractor
- Must have high-level experience and knowledge of general accounting theories, principles, and practices with a solid knowledge of GAAP and Government-contractor accounting
- Experience with U.S. Government contracts and cost accounting for Cost Reimbursement (CPFF, CPIF, T&M) and Firm Fixed Price contract types, including experience with IDIQ contract vehicles
- Experience with compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 31
- Prior experience generating incurred cost proposals and rates submissions for U.S. Government audit agencies
- Experience generating company-level and division-level financial statements
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience with running and managing Deltek Costpoint ERP strongly desired
- Experience with the Department of Defense, General Services Administration, and Department of Homeland Security contracting environments
- Prior experience in working directly with the Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Qualified as a CPA
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace