- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Part Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has an opening for a part-time Receptionist. This person will be the first Signature Science employee with whom most visitors will come into contact. He/she will represent Signature Science Charlottesville Operations in a professional and friendly manner and will provide support to local and visiting employees, our customers, and visitors in a myriad of ways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct office opening and closing procedures when required.
- Greet visitors courteously when they arrive, determine purpose of their visit, provide the correct badge, have them sign in, and direct them to the proper person/office. Monitor visitor access.
- Answer and direct internal and incoming phone calls and messages.
- Monitor shared email accounts and respond to requests as required.
- Receive, sort, and post all incoming mail from U.S. Post Office and delivery services and notify employee of arrival of mail and packages.
- Receive outgoing mail and shipping requests, package items as necessary for shipment, and complete shipping forms/postage.
- Place orders for Signature Science branded items and business cards.
- Maintain office meeting rooms and their associated Outlook calendars.
- Maintain office supplies and refreshments/snacks. Place orders as needed.
- Manage submitted Event Planners, book required meeting rooms, order and setup any catering, and prepare and breakdown meeting rooms.
- Coordinate the appointments for repairmen and maintenance workers.
- Collaborate with the building management company, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong and updated working knowledge of the latest Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong communications skills.
- At a minimum must have a high school diploma and at least 2 years' experience working in a similar office environment.
Certificates and Licenses:
- None required.
- DoD Secret is highly desired
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance.
- No supervisory responsibilities required.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 1400-1800.
- Work location will be SigSci facilities
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.