Program Manager- Forensic Sciences
- - VA-Arlington
- VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
Program Manager, located in Northern Virginia, focused on forensic science technologies, methods and services. Candidate must possess senior program leadership skills as demonstrated by past experience. The position will be attached to Signature Science's Arlington, VA office. Under the current COVID-19 exigencies, the position allows for most work to be conducted from a home office. However, onsite work at the laboratory will be required on a weekly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Managing technical staff working in forensic laboratories.
- Managing relationships with multiple clients of the laboratory.
- Managing laboratory functions, equipment, and processes.
- Managing laboratory operations under 17025 accreditation analyzing casework for law enforcement agencies.
- Managing laboratory research & development activities.
- Managing program budgets, schedules, and subcontracts.
Required Knowlede, Skills, & Abilities:
- Program Management experience conducting or managing forensic science programs for the US national or homeland security market.
- Experience must include leading collaborative technical efforts across multidisciplinary, geographically dispersed teams consisting of scientists and technicians to meet technical, cost, and schedule goals.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience serving as a Project Manager or Program Manager for the delivery of forensic science services.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in personnel management supporting forensic science laboratory operations.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience recruiting, vetting and hiring personnel to support forensic science operations.
- A minimum of 8 years' project or program management experience to include: project and resource planning; costing; scheduling; work breakdown and project organization.
- Extensive written and interpersonal communication experience, demonstrating a capacity to represent a wide array technical and programmatic content to Company staff and clientele and all levels of authority.
- Experience with US Government acquisition and contracting process and systems.
- Experience with business and proposal development activities including developing client relationships, shaping programs and opportunities, and leading the preparation of white papers and technical proposals.
Education/Experience: B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, forensic science, or related discipline; 8-15 years of relevant work experience
Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMI) preferred
Security Clearance: The position requires a DoD Top Secret security clearance.