Deputy Program Manager
- - VA-Arlington
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists, engineers, project managers, and support staff to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our staff perform analyses, conduct research and development activities, and develop new technologies for our clients, with the goal of advancing science and engineering in the service of national security. We are growing our team to continue our current support and pursue emerging opportunities.
The successful candidate will be based in our Arlington, VA office and will support multiple Signature Science projects (interacting with both local and remote staff) by providing high-quality support as a Deputy Project Manager related to budget, forecasting, schedule, and performance. The candidate will be required to interface professionally and efficiently with external clients, subcontractors, and internal technical and administrative staff at varied levels of experience and authority, and will be required to provide detailed analysis, forecasting, reports and data sets with short turnaround times in support of the Project Manager and the Government Program Manager. The candidate must be familiar with contracting terms and be able to translate standard contract language into work breakdown structures, develop and manage schedules, create cost and resource control conventions, and prepare and explain performance metrics.
- Establishing budgets, monitoring performance, report status, program documentation, and related task, project, and proposal pricing.
- Provide metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making based on data.
- Developing and implementing of Earned Value Management Systems.
- Develop and update spend and execution plans - responsibilities include the set-up of a project plan, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), and maintenance of IMS throughout the project lifecycle.
- Prepare, review and analyze information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures.
- Analyze project functions, processes, and activities for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people.
- Determine the most useful business solutions for projects and tasks.
- Recommend alternative solutions or courses of action that best meet the project's goals. Perform duties concerned with the design and improvement of tasks, projects, and products.
- Automate processing to improve existing business systems.
- Confer with personnel to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems.
- Solicit from management and project staff symptoms of problems, formally define problems, break problems into component parts, and gather information about each of these parts from a variety of sources.
- Study business systems to evaluate effectiveness and actively participate in the development of new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
Additional duties in support of the company's Business Development goals will also be assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
At least six years of relevant work experience with government contractor project accounting or project management/administration, is required. Experience with earned value management principles, budget analysis, forecasting, and schedule management are required. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, to include pivot tables and lookups, and Microsoft Project is required (proficiency may be evaluated during the interview process for this position). Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Excellent attention to detail is required. Previous direct work experience with project management is preferred. Familiarity with the Federal acquisition lifecycle is preferred. Experience using Deltek Costpoint and ProPricer is preferred. Experience with price and cost analysis, staffing and manpower administration/management, and proposal development is desired.
Signature Science offices maintain regular business hours on weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time. This position may require irregular hours, to include work on weekends or after regular business hours. Travel several times a month may be required to East Coast client offices and project works sites.
Bachelor's degree required. B.A./B.B.A. in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
Coursework and/or certification in project or earned value management is desired.
The position requires a DoD Secret clearance.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.