- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The incumbent employee will monitor and maintain department records and provide general administrative support in accordance with established company policies and procedures and under supervision of the supervisor, with mentoring and guidance from senior-level department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain department records and supervise filing system for purchase order files, subcontract documents, nondisclosure agreements, and contract documents.
- Create and edit general correspondence (i.e., documents, memos, reports, etc.), presentations, and spreadsheets while ensuring the accuracy of format, spelling, punctuation, and compliance with company style standards.
- Generate, distribute, and track subcontract and contract closeout documentation.
- Assist Property Administrator in completion of property inventory activities, to include monthly updates to consumable item inventory lists for projects and updates for movement or disposition of accountable property.
- Assist Small Business Liaison Officer in compilation of quarterly internal reporting and semi-annual external reporting for small business subcontracting plan performance.
- Assist Procurement Specialists with follow up on back orders; expedite with vendor any special arrangements for delivery, and communicate to department and requestors the expected delivery date.
- Assist Accounting Group with invoice entry for subcontracts, general filing, and preparation of incoming invoices and expense reports for review by Accounts Payable staff.
- Successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks in a high volume environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Incumbent must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Incumbent must be able to read and comprehend complex correspondence and memos, and write complex, professional correspondence for both internal and external consumption.
- Incumbent must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages, and have a mastery of basic arithmetic.
- Incumbent must possess sound reasoning skills and regularly demonstrate independent ability to complete tasks with limited guidance from company policy manuals, regulatory documents, or instructions from other employees. A high level of attention to detail and irrefutable integrity are required, as the incumbent will handle audit-sensitive and proprietary documents on a regular basis.
- Incumbent must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
Incumbent must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 60 hours of coursework at the postsecondary level. A minimum of one year of prior related professional experience as an administrative assistant or similar position is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Incumbent must be able to successfully complete a background screening to maintain a SECRET-level clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment available. Incumbent will be required to sit for extended periods at a desk and work on a computer for up to eight hours per day.
- Incumbent will be required to work a set schedule negotiated with the supervisor.
- Incumbent must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance and 40 pounds with assistance to complete inventory activities or move file boxes.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.