Casework Files Assistant - 2 - Contingent
- - Client Site
- VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The CFA operates as a team member with Physical Scientists, Chemists, and Forensic Examiners in the SAU.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Perform functions associated with centralized movement and management of case files and related evidence.
- Acquire files from Federal, state, and local forensic organizations and categorize them for easy retrieval by unit examiners and / or TEDAC management personnel.
- File and archive appropriate paperwork including chains-of-custody documentation.
- Forward, staff, and submit reports to the appropriate examiner for inclusion in case packages, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Forensic Examiners to ensure that all LD reports are uploaded into EXPeRT.
- Assist QA Specialists and Forensic Examiners with retrieval of case files and organizing audit materials.
- Assist with document tracking or developing database / spreadsheet applications to track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined in future TOs.
- Track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Experience: At least one (1) year of experience with forensic processes and case work documentation as it relates to forensic examinations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Casework Files Assistants will work at the client site in Huntsville, AL or Quantico, VA.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.