Casework Files Assistant - 1 - Contingent
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The Case File Assistant (CFA) performs higher level tasks and has knowledge and experience in the structure, preparation, and maintenance of case documentation for the SBAUand other Units. The performance of these tasks requires familiarity with historic and current Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center (TEDAC) casework and workflow, supporting the ability to conduct research utilizing their knowledge, case documentation, accessing TEDAC specific databases; such as NGI, Explosives Reference Tool (EXPeRT), DART, and for latent results, from Department of Defense (DoD) labs, specific DoD databases, such as WEAT and BI2R.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Provide basic managerial / administrative support for case documentation requests from internal and external sources.
- Support functional areas in preparation of case information and items for court testimony.
- Send communications to appropriate field offices or FBI Headquarters (HQ) as required.
- Assist with document tracking or developing database / spreadsheet applications to track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions.
- Assist with other duties as requested.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Experience: Previous experience working with TEDAC and / or SBAU.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Casework Files Assistants will work at the client site in Huntsville, AL.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.