Statistician - Contingent
- - Client Site
- VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The Statistician conducts statistical analysis and reporting to support forensic processes, examinations, QA, and management. In addition, Statisticians will be required to assist with the review of various documents as they relate to the statistical calculations current and / or to be implemented in the CODIS software.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Analyze and review of statistical calculations for scientific validity, verification, reliability, and accuracy; recommend improvements to calculations and statistics, as appropriate.
- Analyze and recommend changes to kinship calculations / statistics when using genetically linked STR loci.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to statistical calculations for mixture analysis.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to the mutation models used for paternity and kinship calculations.
- Analyze and recommend a computation / statistic to support threshold-based identity database searches
- Provide statistical analysis and evaluation of new genetic technologies (e.g. SNPs)
- Provide recommendations for optimal data presentation (i.e., Microsoft Power Point)
- Develop training materials through presentation development and / or Computer-Based Training content development.
- Other support activities / functions / duties as defined / detailed in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Specialty in statistics with strong knowledge of forensic DNA and population genetics. Expertise in human Mendelian genetics, population statistics, forensic DNA technologies, computer science, and bioinformatics.
Education: Master's Degree or Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analysis disciplines, or related fields of study.
Experience: At least twelve (12) years in the field of forensic DNA and population genetics.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Statisticians will work at the client site.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings