Record Examiner - Contingent
- - Client Site
- VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The Records Examiners conducts the receiving, inventory, and indexing (Data Entry) records pertaining to DNA samples for case work and databasing. This includes an inventory of the deposited material and entry of request numbers, file numbers, and section numbers into a tabular listing in the date received order. Some effort toward document preparation - records, documents, and / or files are prepared (made ready to be easily scanned by the scanner) for support of DNA-based efforts with the LD.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Review Data and information from multiple sources.
- Establish case / project files.
- Enter and retrieve data from databases.
- Prepare and format management reports.
- Manipulate, transfer, compute, and print information
- Create and manipulate spreadsheets.
- Prepare and correct reports and correspondence using word processing and excel-based software.
- Conduct validation and verification of case files and case data system
- Use QA sampling methods to review image clarity, orientation, and the overall quality of the output pertaining to records.
- Review material for security classifications.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow directions is very important. Good oral and written communications skills and possess a demonstrated ability to analyze documents to extract information.
Education: A four (4)-year undergraduate degree.
Experience: Must have one (1) year's experience in a field related to law enforcement.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Record Examiners will work at the client site.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings