Evidence Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist - Contingent
- - VA-Arlington
- Quantico, VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The Evidence Inventory, Control and Management Specialist provides evidence inventory services to properly inventory and maintain the chain-of-custody of all evidence and forensic materials entering the facility. Note: For the purpose of this section, evidence may also include database samples.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in Spring 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Receive boxes of casework and related materials.
- Open and inventory contents of boxes.
- Create laboratory worksheet from templates as necessary; enter data (laboratory number, case ID number, Questioned / Known numbers, and descriptions.
- Create master and unit chain-of-custody forms.
- Enter data into the Sample Tracking and Control Software (STACS) system and / or FA, create examination plan, and generate barcode labels.
- Stage boxes and documentation for processing by unit specific teams.
- Prepare boxes for return to contributor.
- Load and unload boxes of evidence and forensic materials, including examination supplies and chemicals.
- Maintain data/inventory of boxes of evidence and forensic materials received, in process, and returned to contributor.
- Perform general shipping / receiving duties.
- Use the current STACS and / or FA software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody of all forensic material under examination.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- Communication with contributors as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer data entry.
- Course work in forensics.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarization with QA / QC.
- Experience with a LIMS.
Education: B.S. degree in science disciplines or criminal justice.
Experience: one (1) year of evidence inventory, control and management experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should possess an active Top Secret security clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Evidence Inventory, Control, and Management Specialists will work at the client site in Quantico, VA.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.