Sample Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist - Contingent
- - VA-Arlington
- Quantico, VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The Sample Inventory, Control and Management Specialist provides evidence inventory services to properly inventory and maintain the chain-of-custody of all evidence and forensic materials entering the facility. Note: For the purpose of this section, evidence includes database samples.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Receive, accession and prepare DNA database samples and/or boxes of forensic evidence or related materials
- Open and inventory contents of boxes.
- Create laboratory worksheet from templates as necessary; enter data (laboratory number, case ID number, Questioned / Known numbers, and descriptions.
- Create master and unit chain-of-custody forms.
- Enter data into the Sample Tracking and Control Software (STACS) system and / or FA, create examination plan, and generate barcode labels.
- Stage boxes and documentation for processing by unit specific teams.
- Prepare boxes for proper storage
- Load and unload boxes of evidence and forensic materials, including examination supplies and chemicals.
- Maintain data/inventory of boxes of evidence and forensic materials received, in process, and returned to contributor.
- Perform general shipping / receiving duties.
- Use the current STACS and / or FA software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody of all forensic material under examination.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- Communication with contributors as necessary.
- Prepare administrative files on the evidence or samples
- Interact and collaborate with other group/team members and other forensic staff to ensure a high quality and accurate product.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities; demonstrated ability to study and pass training, examination, and testing assessments; verbal and written communication skills.
Education: B.S. degree in science disciplines, criminal justice, or related field from accredited university/college.
Experience: six (6) months of evidence inventory, control and management experience or other forensic laboratory experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Sample Inventory, Control, and Management Specialists will work at the client site in Quantico, VA.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings