Quality Assurance Specialist - Contingent
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
Quality Assurance (QA) services are needed to support Laboratory Division forensic operations and ensure compliance with existing FBI Laboratory QA policies and protocols. The QA services ensure laboratory forensic examinations and processes are conducted in accordance with existing Laboratory policies, standards, and procedures.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Serve as a technical expert in QA to develop, administer, operate, manage and maintain various QA program segments as assigned.
- Assist in managing specialized and fundamental quality functions, such software and hardware testing, analytical quality control (QC), verification of system and document changes and quality audits.
- Assure aspects of the laboratory QA, QC, and proficiency practices are sound and within established QA program guidelines.
- Assist in coordinating and managing laboratory activities in support of QA, ensuring it is properly designed and implemented in a manner that will provide reliable support for those objectives that are responsive to the mission of the Laboratory Division.
- Through audit, testing and other software QA procedures, assess laboratory needs regarding implementation and supervision of these related programs.
- Write reports on the progress and success of laboratory proficiency testing and changes to the operational environments, and present to supervisor, which may be incorporated into a more comprehensive report or stand alone and be presented to management officials.
- Serve as a resource for the Laboratory Division for QA, and coordinate, direct, schedule and manage periodic audits to determine conformance with approved quality policies and established procedures. Recommend implementation of preventive measures and correct action to ensure non-recurrence of deficiencies and continual process improvement.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities; demonstrated ability to study and pass training, examination, and testing assessments; verbal and written communication skills.
Education: The position requires the individual to attend ANAB training, either the Forensic Internal Auditor Course or the Forensic Technical Assessor Training to ISO 17025:2017 and ANAB AR3125, prior to or within three months of hire.
Experience: None required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Quality Assurance Specialists will work at the client site in Huntsville, AL. See other posting for QA Specialist position in Quantico, VA.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.