Explosives Safety Specialist - Contingent
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The Explosives Safety Specialist (ESS) assists in performing a range of work involving many different and unrelated processes related to IED and explosives ordinance defeat. ESS personnel must complete an internal training program for working with evidence.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Perform and document safety-check practices on all evidence submitted for explosives testing.
- Utilize EMU x-ray equipment to produce clear x-rays that are sufficient for accurate interpretation of potentially hazardous devices submitted.
- Perform x-ray interpretation, in collaboration with other qualified individuals, to determine if a device is safe, or needs to be rendered safe, by qualified SABT or FBI Forensic Device Examiners.
- Assist SABTs in the disposal of, and / or render safe, live explosive devices IAW all applicable laws, rules, regulations, methods, and procedures.
- Assist in the proper transport and storage of explosive devices and materials IAW all applicable laws, rules, regulations, methods, and procedures.
- Assist SABTs, or Forensic Device Examiners, in conducting comprehensive assessments if requested.
- Prepare detailed documentation and reports associated with explosives storage, explosives inventory, explosives safety, explosive management program, and range activities.
- Receive, open, and inventory evidence. Initiate and maintain proper evidence administrative documentation, including chain-of-custody of all forensic evidence under examination and be able to perform the duties associated with evidence management and data entry into various databases for evidence processing.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Explosives Ordinance Disposal (EOD).
- Performing and interpreting x-ray capture / images.
- Explosives demolitions.
- Explosives safety management.
- Explosives range safety.
Education: B.S. degree.
Experience: At least five (5) years handling explosives.
Certificates and Licenses:
DOD or FBI certification to perform explosives operations.
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
ESS's will work at the client site in Huntsville, AL.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings