Explosives Machinist and Logistics Assistant (EMLA) - Contingent
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The EMLA supports the EU - Explosives Unit and other TEDAC - Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center units that work with the EU by performing machinist duties and maintaining inventory as directed by the UC.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Manage and maintain the Lorton, Virginia, and C-Demo warehouse facilities.
- Drive a variety vehicles including but not limited to range vehicles, routine EU vehicles, emergency response vehicles, tow large trailers, and construction equipment.
- Assists the explosives range with a variety of tasks for the EU, other units and other FBI divisions who have utilized the range for post blast schools, EU test shots, to construct tools to disassemble explosive devices.
- Set up, operate, and maintain all shop equipment at the C-Demo, the EU warehouse facility in Lorton, Virginia, as well as the LD in Quantico, Virginia.
- Maintain control and know the location of all non-expendable equipment for the EU.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance schedules to ensure machines are fully functional, and he is able to troubleshoot machines, identify deficiencies, and perform corrective maintenance to ensure proper operation.
- Set-up and operate manual milling machines to produce parts to exact blueprint specifications.
- Design and implement work holding fixtures for milling complex three (3) dimensional parts, setup lathe for single point internal and external threading.
- Work closely with examiners, SSABTS, and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Explosives Division by troubleshooting and developing a device that measures the performance of a percussion actuated non-electric (PAN) disruptor.
- Assist with case-related support. For example, assist with a case that required an rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) to be fired remotely from a fixed position approximately thirty (30) yards away, at a target approximately ten (10) inches wide by twelve (12) inches tall.
- Assist in course development in instructional support to numerous schools, testing of explosives, and conducts demonstrations for FBI personnel and other liaison partners.
- Work closely with the U.S. Secret Service Explosives Division in testing the White House protective measures.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Logistics management.
- Customer services.
Education: B.S. degree.
Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in logistics services.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
EMLAs will work at the client site in Huntsville, AL.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings