Biologist - DNA Program Specialist - Contingent
- - VA-Arlington
- Quantico, VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our scientists and technicians perform analyses and conduct research and development activities in our laboratories or at our clients' site laboratories, advancing science while working with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The Biologist - DNA Program Specialist performs specific quality assurance and quality control duties involving casework responsibilities, ensuring compliance with FBI, national, and international quality assurance and quality control guidelines and that policies and procedures are understood and followed.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Compile, maintain, and records a variety of quality assurance and quality control data including, but not limited to, calibration, proficiency testing, and external audits, training, technical qualifications, and monitoring testimony.
- Provide written response to observations determined during an internal and / or external quality assurance audit process.
- Develop recommendations for changes necessary based on audit to correct problems or deficiencies.
- Advise unit personnel of policy changes to be implemented as a result of audit observations.
- Conduct performance checks on analytical instrumentation and maintains equipment.
- Maintain liaison with quality assurance personnel and external vendors and contractors.
- Perform duties in support of the management and distribution of external proficiency tests.
- Provide input into the development of new guidelines and quality assurance standards.
- Inputting information into quality system databases.
- Assist in the preparation, evaluation and checking of laboratory chemicals and reagents used, and perform routine calculations to ensure compliance with quality assurance requirements.
- Prepare purchase requests and interacts with purchasing personnel in support of QA and QC functions.
- Perform duties related to safety requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of related sciences such as biochemistry, chemistry, physics,molecular biology, genetics, and mathematics.
- Basic knowledge of quality control measures to effectively evaluate scientific data resulting from DNA analysis.
- Knowledge of the uses of computers and the ability to manipulate data for basic statistic evaluation and display.
Education: B.S. degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field of Biological Science.
Experience: (1) year of experience performing laboratory work in a biological science. A minimum of one (1) year of forensic DNA laboratory experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
DNA Program Specialists will work at the client site in Quantico, VA.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings