Database Lead Administrator - Contingent
- - VA-Arlington
- Quantico, VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our data scientists and statisticians analyze a wide variety of data with the goal of enabling government decision makers to draw scientifically defensible conclusions. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
The FBI uses scientific analysis and technical skills to help keep the nation safe. A Database Lead Administrator (DBA) will work with the FBI Federal DNA Database Unit (FDUU) to ensure the performance, integrity, and security of FBI databases. The FDUU analyzes CODIS samples to develop DNA profiles that are uploaded to the National DNA Index System (NDIS). The DBA is essential in the security of essential databases for DNA profiles.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in September 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A database lead administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of a database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
DBA responsibilities and duties may involve, but not limited to, the following services:
- Identify database requirements by interviewing end-users; analyzing organization applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepare users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- May be asked to perform database migration, performance tuning and optimization, and setting up and managing database connections.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or Teradata;
- Microsoft Transact-SQL, PL/SQL, or Teradata SQL;
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle OEM, or Teradata Studio;
- Microsoft Windows Server, UNIX, or AIX; SQL Server Database Administration.
Baccalaureate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field. Three (3) to four (4) years of SQL server database experience or database administration experience in a commercial environment or equivalent work experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should be eligible for or possess a TS clearance.
Database Administrators will work at the client site in Quantico, VA.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.