Data Analyst - Contingent
- - VA-Arlington
- Quantico, VA, USA
- Full Time
About Signature Science:
For nearly two decades, Signature Science, LLC has brought together bright scientists and engineers to apply their expertise to programs that help keep our nation safe. Our data scientists and statisticians analyze a wide variety of data with the goal of enabling government decision makers to draw scientifically defensible conclusions. We are poised to continue to our corporate growth in the service of national security and criminal justice.
As a Data Analyst you will work in support of the FBI DNA Support Unit (DSU) which provides oversight and management of the Laboratory Divisions (LDs) forensic biology programs and initiatives in research, quality assurance, training, and information technology to both enhance and maintain the LDs capacity to conduct high-quality DNA and serological examinations in a skilled, progressive, and responsive manner while ensuring compliance with all applicable standards. Data Analysts interpret and analyze complex data, develop statistical techniques and analyze trends for essential reports. Working at the FBI laboratory, analysts will have opportunities to be on the cutting edge, monitoring metrics to identify and implement improvements at one of the nation's leading forensic laboratories.
This position is contingent upon Signature Science winning a position on the FBI Laboratory Support Services contract. Contract award is anticipated in Spring 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Analysts will conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance documentation, and metrics to identify improvements. Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Interpretation of data and to analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases / data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Reporting packages (e.g. Business Objects),
- Databases (e.g. SQL),
- Using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g.Excel, SPSS, SAS).
Baccalaureate degree preferred in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or in another field with demonstrable coursework in these areas. Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
Certificates and Licenses:
Candidates should possess an active Top Secret security clearance.
Data Analysts will work at the client site in Quantico, VA.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.