Staff Chemist - Contingent
- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Staff chemists will plan, execute, document, and report on a range technical activities to support the execution of projects within in the CBRNE Sciences Business Area, specifically in the areas of chemistry and materials. Performance of all job duties is intended to be completed under limited direct supervision of the supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Apply technical skills to plan and execute assigned project work including materials synthesis, formulation, materials characterization and prototype development
• Support meetings with company clients by preparing meeting materials and attending client meetings as needed.
• Handle explosives, narcotics, and toxic chemicals in the form of solutions and neat materials following appropriate training.
• Dispose of chemical waste properly and in accordance with applicable laws and internal procedures.
• Appropriately document experimental results in laboratory notebooks, benchsheets, and reports.
• Lead R&D tasks by coordinating efforts with other team members
• Present experimental results and recommended actions at internal project meetings.
• Support business development efforts as needed by drafting technical sections of proposals, helping to identify teaming partners, provide proposal review, and assess levels of effort required to complete proposed work.
• Conform to company health and safety measures including wearing of appropriate PPE, undertaking medical monitoring, and reporting observed H&S deficiencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge in properly designing and executing scientific experiments
• Ability to plan a sequence of experiments to answer complicated technical questions
• Ability to lead a group of co-workers in execution of a task
• Expertise in chemical synthesis (organic), materials synthesis (inorganic), and/or polymers with unique physical and optical properties.
• Sufficient business knowledge to support proposal efforts
• Working knowledge of statistics as it applies to scientific data
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Functional knowledge of infrared and visible spectroscopy/imaging including conducting absorbance, transmission, fluorescence, and reflectance measurements.
• Team player with a positive attitude
Candidates must a Ph.D. in Chemistry or Materials Science with 0-3 years of additional experience.
Certificates & Licenses:
Successful candidates will be required to be included as an Employee Possessor on SigSci's ATF permit.
Candidates must be US Citizens.Successful candidates must be willing to seek and maintain government security clearance at the SECRET level.
Candidates with current DoD SECRET or other clearance are preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment and in laboratories at the Austin campus.
Limited domestic travel may be required up to 25 % time. Infrequently incumbent will be needed to work after-hours/weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Candidates should be able to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance and 50 pounds with assistance to complete laboratory maintenance activities.
• Candidates may have to wear and function in personal protective equipment, including a respirator for limited periods of time.
• Candidates will be required to complete company paid for medical monitoring upon hiring.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings