- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Engineering group is looking for an experienced individual with an Electrical and/or Computer engineering background with emphasis on video and image processing utilizing FPGA soft IP cores.
The FPGA engineer will work closely with the graphics video module (GVM) team providing FPGA and circuit design support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working close with the engineering team providing hardware and firmware design support
- Integrating multiple IP cores for video and image processing using FPGA technology
- Assist in the detailed and high-level designs with schematic and PCB layout
- Analyze, model, program synthesis, simulate circuit designs, and test and troubleshoot prototypes
- Create detailed documentation for software/hardware analysis, manufacturing test procedures, and system interface
- Participate in critical design reviews
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- FPGA design; proficient in VHDL or Verilog languages
- Utilizing FPGA soft IP cores
- Video signal processing and GPU's
- ADC and DAC interfacing
- DDR3 interfacing
- SoC design with VME bus interface
- Communication protocols; SPI, I2C, RS-232, etc.
- Schematic capture, board layout, and SPICE simulation tools
- Environmental testing; Temperature/Humidity, Power Supply, Surge, EMI, etc
- Documentation; block diagrams, test plans, and user manuals
- B.S. in electrical or computer engineering
- 5+ years of experience in electronic systems design
Ability to apply and be granted a security clearance at the Secret Level
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment at the Austin campus or the client campus.
Domestic travel may be required up to 35 % time. Infrequently incumbent will be needed to work after-hours/weekends.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.