Forensic Quality Assurance Lead
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
Seeking a highly motivated Quality Assurance Lead eager to join our dynamic and fast-paced environment serving the forensic science community. The individual will oversee all Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities associated with human signature laboratory systems both CONUS and OCONUS and ensure appropriate documentation of these activities. Outside of QA/QC roles, other routine and non-routine duties will be performed as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the Forensic Laboratory Quality Manual and ensure the policies, practices and methods within the manual are adhered to.
- Work with the laboratory leads to ensure compliance with the ANAB ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation program where applicable.
- Review and approve all QA/QC documentation.
- Assist laboratory leads, as needed, in the development of standard operating procedures, practices, and methods.
- Monitor Forensic Laboratory practices to verify continuing compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Communicate the quality management system and related policies, practices, and methods to all employees within the laboratory.
- Ensure the calibration/maintenance of laboratory equipment are completed according to manufacturing recommendations to include adherence to maintenance schedules, documentation and scheduling repair of instrumentation.
- Ensure quality control of reagents is performed according to SOPs and records/documentation of QC are accurate and current.
- Ensure validation of new technical procedures are in compliance with ANAB ISO/IEC 17025 standards where appropriate.
- Investigate technical problems, proposing remedial actions and verifying their implementation.
- Schedule and coordinate internal quality audits.
- Maintain Qualification Files for Forensic Laboratory members which contain training records and documents pertaining to educational background.
- Ensure that all laboratory personnel receive necessary training and are qualified for their assigned work.
- Propose corrections and improvements to the quality system as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Has experience working in a forensic laboratory performing quality assurance tasking.
- Works and communicate effectively as a team member.
- Incumbent must possess sound reasoning skills and regularly show ability to follow detailed standard instructions, with great attention to detail and guidance from company policy manuals and forensic SOPs.
- Incumbent must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
Education/Experience: Incumbent must have a Bachelors or Masters degree in forensic science and a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Quality Manager in a forensic laboratory.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A.
Clearance: This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for supervising the QA team.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- The incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment available.
- The incumbent will have potential contact with hazardous materials, including biological fluids and dry ice.
- The incumbent will be required to work a set schedule negotiated with the supervisor.
- The incumbent must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance and 40 pounds with assistance to complete shipping activities.