- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has an opening for a Database Software Engineer. This person will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of a myriad of databases, analytical tools, and state-of-the-art hardware for a classified government client. The successful candidate is an innovative software developer/engineer, proven contributor on other database design and software tool development projects, and enjoys working side by side on diverse teams of other engineers and scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from the project lead on the execution of software systems engineering requirements definition and software architecture.
- Contributes to technical trade studies associated with design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and analytics.
- Contributes in the creation of software system application, analytics, and system test cases and test plans.
- Contributes to the development of software architectural products and deliverables to government clients.
- Actively participates on projects by making recommendations on how to improve product quality.
- Participates in requirements collection and documentation activities prior to and during execution.
- Works directly with clients and senior level management to develop/resolve requirements, technical direction system development, improvements, optimization, or project support efforts.
- Contributes to the development of technical design specifications.
- Assesses impact of changes to applications and systems and makes recommendations.
- Contributes to the development of integration plans.
- Implements and adheres to coding standards and naming conventions.
- Develops and executes under an Agile software development process.
- Develops standard operating procedures and document key artifacts.
- Develops well-designed and documented software within schedule.
- Keeps current with the latest software development tools and techniques.
- Improves and maintains the existing software performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency building databases using a NoSQL technology such as MongoDB, CouchDb or Redis.
- Experience in one of the major relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Comfortable developing on both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation.
- Experience in system test plan creation and execution efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users.
Additional Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with the .Net or MERN programming stacks.
- Experience working with Atlassian products; i.e. Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in computer science (work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.)
- At least 5 years of recent database development and coding experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Security Plus or Agile certification highly desired, but not required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance (TS/SCI w/ CI Poly highly desired.)
- Minimum clearance level is DoD Interim Secret
- No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
- Software engineer will report to the project technical lead for direction on tasks.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be at SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at a government location.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings