Front End Developer
- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has an opening for a Frontend Software Developer. This person will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of a web based application which searches and maintains our client's DNA profile repository. The successful candidate is an innovative UI designer/developer who has delivered products serving other projects or analytical tools and enjoys working side by side on diverse teams of other engineers and scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from the project lead on the execution of software systems engineering requirements definition and software architecture.
- Assesses alternatives and develops user-facing features, adhering to best practices in UI presentations.
- Incorporates validation and error handling into interface features prior to backend submission.
- Contributes to the development of software documentation deliverables to clients.
- Actively participates on projects by making recommendations on how to improve product quality.
- Participates in requirements collection and documentation activities prior to and during execution.
- Works directly with clients and senior level management to develop/resolve requirements, offer improvements, optimizations, or other project supporting efforts.
- Assesses impact of changes to applications systems and makes recommendations.
- Participates in the development of integration plans.
- Implements and adheres to coding standards and naming conventions.
- Develops and executes under an Agile software development process.
- Develops standard operating procedures and documents key artifacts.
- Develops well-designed and documented software within schedule.
- Keeps current with the latest software development tools and techniques.
- Improves and maintains the existing software performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with at least one modern JS based library/framework such as ReactJS, VueJS or Angular.
- Experience with both REST and service based APIs such as SOAP.
- Comfortable developing on both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience developing unit tests and system test plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users.
Additional Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with the MERN programming stack.
- Experience coding against both relational and NoSQL databases.
- JQuery, Typescript, JSX, Knockout or other browser based development library experience.
- Experience working with Atlassian products; i.e. Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in computer science (work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.)
- At least 3 years of UI development and coding experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Security Plus or Agile certification highly desired, but not required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance (TS/SCI w/ CI Poly highly desired.)
- Minimum clearance level is DoD Interim Secret
- No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
- Software engineer will report to the project technical lead for direction on tasks.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be at SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at a government location.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings