Full Stack Developer
- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has an opening for a Full Stack Software Developer. This person will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of a multilayered N-tier web application, employing both relational and NoSQL storage engines. The successful candidate is an innovative engineer and proven architect, having designed and delivered multiple projects on a variety of platforms. They also enjoy working side by side on diverse teams of other engineers and scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guided by the project team lead, jointly determines software systems engineering requirements and software architecture.
- Leading contributor in the creation of software system design, application and API development, analytics, and system test coverage.
- Contributes to technical trade studies associated with design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and analytics.
- Leads development of software architecture products and deliverables to government clients.
- Proactively recommends how to improve product quality and performance.
- Participates in requirements collection and documentation activities prior to and during execution.
- Works directly with clients and senior level management to develop/resolve requirements, technical direction of system development, improvements, optimization, or project support efforts.
- Primary contributor to the development of technical design specifications.
- Assesses the impact of changes to applications systems and makes recommendations.
- Contributes to the development of integration plans.
- Implements and adheres to coding standards and naming conventions.
- Develops and executes under an Agile software development process.
- Authors standard operating procedures and documents key artifacts.
- Develops well-designed and documented software within schedule.
- Keeps current with the latest software development tools and techniques.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable experience in the MERN (preferred) or MEAN development stacks.
- Proficiency building databases using a NoSQL technology such as MongoDB, CouchDb or Redis.
- Experience in one of the major relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Comfortable developing on both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation.
- Experience in system test plan creation and execution efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users.
- Backend proficiency in at least two languages such as Node JS, Java, C++, C# or PHP.
Additional Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Significant Object Oriented Development experience.
- Experience working with Atlassian products; i.e. Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in computer science (work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.)
- At least 7 years of both full stack programming and database development experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Security Plus or Agile certification highly desired, but not required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance (TS/SCI w/ CI Poly highly desired.)
- Minimum clearance level is DoD Interim Secret
- No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
- Software engineer will report to the project technical lead for direction on tasks.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be at SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at a government location.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.