Full Stack Developer
- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has an opening for a Full Stack Software Developer. This person will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of a multilayered N-tier web application, employing both relational and NoSQL storage engines. The successful candidate is an innovative engineer and proven architect, having designed and delivered multiple projects on a variety of platforms. They also enjoy working side by side on diverse teams of other engineers and scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guided by the project team lead, jointly determines software systems engineering requirements and software architecture.
- Leading contributor in the creation of software system design, application and API development, analytics, and system test coverage.
- Contributes to technical trade studies associated with design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and analytics.
- Leads development of software architecture products and deliverables to government clients.
- Proactively recommends how to improve product quality and performance.
- Participates in requirements collection and documentation activities prior to and during execution.
- Works directly with clients and senior level management to develop/resolve requirements, technical direction of system development, improvements, optimization, or project support efforts.
- Primary contributor to the development of technical design specifications.
- Assesses the impact of changes to applications systems and makes recommendations.
- Contributes to the development of integration plans.
- Implements and adheres to coding standards and naming conventions.
- Develops and executes under an Agile software development process.
- Authors standard operating procedures and documents key artifacts.
- Develops well-designed and documented software within schedule.
- Keeps current with the latest software development tools and techniques.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable experience in the MERN (preferred) or MEAN development stacks.
- Proficiency building databases using a NoSQL technology such as MongoDB, CouchDb or Redis.
- Experience in one of the major relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Comfortable developing on both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation.
- Experience in system test plan creation and execution efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users.
- Backend proficiency in at least two languages such as Node JS, Java, C++, C# or PHP.
Additional Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Significant Object Oriented Development experience.
- Experience working with Atlassian products; i.e. Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in computer science (work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.)
- At least 7 years of both full stack programming and database development experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Security Plus or Agile certification highly desired, but not required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance (TS/SCI w/ CI Poly highly desired.)
- Minimum clearance level is DoD Interim Secret
- No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
- Software engineer will report to the project technical lead for direction on tasks.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be at SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at a government location.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings