- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to develop and maintain software tools used for applied research projects in the Atlantic City Operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops software using LabVIEW, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python, and C#, to fulfill the needs of government-based projects.
• Develops data collection tools used during test and evaluation events.
• Develops software tools to build and query databases (e.g. Microsoft Access, SQL).
• Updates software tools based on ISO 17025 needs.
• Develops software programs to control custom hardware.
• Identifies and suggests optimizations and features to improve hardware/software capabilities.
• Maintains software tools as needed.
• Composes and reviews technical manuals and reports.
• Develops intuitive Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs).
• Assesses impact of changes to applications and systems and makes recommendations.
• Thoroughly documents computer code and software lifecycle developments.
• Keeps current with latest software development tools and techniques.
• Competent in using Windows and Linux/Unix operating system command line interface.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Good listening skills.
• Computer program experience using LabVIEW, VBA, Python and C#.
• Good working skills of software and tools necessary for job functions including Microsoft Office suite.
Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in mathematics, science, or engineering and up to 8-10 years of qualified experience.
The ability to obtain a secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings