- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to develop and maintain software tools used for applied research projects in the Atlantic City Operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops software using LabVIEW, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python, and C#, to fulfill the needs of government-based projects.
• Develops data collection tools used during test and evaluation events.
• Develops software tools to build and query databases (e.g. Microsoft Access, SQL).
• Updates software tools based on ISO 17025 needs.
• Develops software programs to control custom hardware.
• Identifies and suggests optimizations and features to improve hardware/software capabilities.
• Maintains software tools as needed.
• Composes and reviews technical manuals and reports.
• Develops intuitive Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs).
• Assesses impact of changes to applications and systems and makes recommendations.
• Thoroughly documents computer code and software lifecycle developments.
• Keeps current with latest software development tools and techniques.
• Competent in using Windows and Linux/Unix operating system command line interface.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Good listening skills.
• Computer program experience using LabVIEW, VBA, Python and C#.
• Good working skills of software and tools necessary for job functions including Microsoft Office suite.
Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in mathematics, science, or engineering and up to five years of qualified experience.
The ability to obtain a secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.