- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has an opening for a Software Engineer. This person will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of a myriad of databases, analytical tools, and state-of-the-art hardware for a classified government client. The successful candidate is a strong communicator, innovative software developer/engineer, proven contributor on other database design and software tool development projects, and enjoys working side by side on diverse teams of other engineers and scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from Task Lead on the execution of software systems engineering requirements definition and software architecture.
- Contributes to technical trade studies associated with design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and analytics.
- Contributes in the creation of software system application, analytics, and system test cases and test plans.
- Contributes to the development of software architectural products in multiple coding languages and deliverables for the government clients.
- Actively participate in teams working on projects by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Participate in requirements collection and documentation activities prior to and during execution.
- Work directly with clients and senior level management to develop resolve requirements, technical direction system development, improvements, optimization, or project support efforts.
- Contribute to the development of technical design specifications.
- Assist in the modification of company products, customer, and/or internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Implement and contribute to new software design or enhancements to existing software.
- Assess impact of changes to applications and systems and makes recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of integration plans.
- Implement and adhere to coding standards and naming conventions.
- Develop and execute Agile software development Standard Operating Procedures and improve software and process documentation.
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule.
- Keep current with latest software development tools and techniques.
- Improve and maintain the existing software performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with the .Net or MERN programming stacks (both preferred)
- Ability to code in at least one object oriented language such as C++, C#, Java or PHP
- Experience programming SQL and No-SQL databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Mongo preferred)
- Comfortable developing on both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation
- Experience working with and/or administering Atlassian products (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience in system test plan creation and execution efforts
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar area of study
- 5+ years' experience in an active database development and/or coding environment
Certificates and Licenses:
- Security Plus or Agile certification highly desired, but not required
- DoD TS/SCI w/ CI Poly are highly desired
- Minimum clearance level is DoD Interim Secret
- No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
- Software engineer will report to local Manager for general needs and to local Task Lead for technical direction on projects.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at government location.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings