- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has a requirement for a Requirements Analyst to complete an agile development team based in Charlottesville, VA. This person will collect and document project requirements related to the design, development, and implementation of a myriad of databases, analytical tools, and state-of-the-art hardware for a classified government client. The successful candidate is a strong communicator and a proven contributor on other database design and software tool development projects, and enjoys working side by side with diverse teams of other engineers, scientists, and stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit and document technical requirements from various stakeholders
- Transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable solutions
- Assist in design, development, and implementation of web-enabled applications using a variety of technologies
- Produce Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) design artifacts
- Recommend/implement off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements
- Work in a collaborative agile team environment
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior web development and database experience.
- Strong customer service skills and customer relationship management experience
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques
- Experience with DoDAF and the ability to create the appropriate artifacts
- Experience with simple Database Administration techniques
- Ability to learn at a fast pace and be able to rapidly learn and leverage third-party tools, SDKs, and APIs
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills, and have the ability to express yourself in technical discussion via strategy, implementation and design of application environments
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, with the ability to lead and manage the effort of others when necessary
- Ability to work with and potentially administer several Atlassian products to include Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Successful candidate will be imaginative, responsive and be able to communicate well with users.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years relevant experience
Certificates and Licenses:
- PMP or Agile certification (highly desired, but not required)
- Requires a TS/SCI w/ CI Poly; minimum of a Secret clearance to start
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at government location.
- Occasional international and domestic travel is expected.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.