- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Systems Administrator serves to assist and support planning, design, installation, implementation, and maintenance of all IT infrastructure services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure, operate, and maintain server and network systems to satisfy requirements defined in RMF ICD-703, NISPOM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Maintain Exchange email systems, to include the analysis of message flow, internal Client Support Team service escalation requests, third party connections, servers, and site design.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, RADIUS, and DHCP services.
- Configure and maintain Windows Hyper-V host and virtual servers.
- Anticipate, mitigate, and communicate any potential impact of changes to ensure the availability of corporate IT services.
- Develop test plans and procudures for any new IT infrastructure or systems implementations.
- Document all changes and solutions to problems in a centralized knowledge base.
- Support the Cybersecurity and Client Support Teams as a subject matter expert in modern Microsoft Windows Platforms (Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012+).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience configuring and maintaining IT systems required to meet RMF ICD-703, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook, and NISPOM requirements
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Core Services (e.g., DNS, DHCP, AD DS, Kerberos, AD RMS/IRM, Hyper-V, PKI/Certificates, FTP, IIS, etc.)
- Experience managing and maintaining Exchange 2013/2016/Online.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is required. Four year's professional experience working in an IT-related role may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of six years' experience working in an IT related role. If professional experience is utilized to satisfy the education requirement, a total of at least ten years' experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
A certification identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT Level II or higher is preferred.
For a list of approved certifications, visit https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.