- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- EHT, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose:The purpose of this position is to provide analytical chemistry subject matter expertise to one ore more chemistry-based projects at the Transportation Security Laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and validates analytical methods using gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (LC), ion chromatography (IC), and microscopy
- Performs troubleshooting and non-routine maintenance on GC, LC, IC, and microscopy instrumentation
- Ensures the readiness of GC, LC, IC, and microscopy instrumentation
- Facilitates the stand-up of new analytical instrumentation
- Performs wet chemistry (dilutions, extractions, etc.)
- Composes, reviews, and executes test plans and standard operating procedures
- Composes and reviews technical reports
- Performs literature reviews
- Safely handles explosives and other hazardous materials
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Positive attitude
- Previous experience with GC, LC, or IC
- Excellent working knowledge of GC, LC, and IC
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in chemistry with five to ten years of analytical chemistry experience or a PhD in chemistry with up to five years of experience.
The ability to obtain a secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
The incumbent professional is responsible for training, leading, and mentoring junior level scientists to execute analytical chemistry tasks.
The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.