Proposal Pricing Analyst
- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The incumbent professional will, under limited supervision of the supervisor, support the preparation of cost estimates and proposals for submission to Government and commerical clients in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Business Development team to prepare compliant, responsive, price-competitive cost proposals
• Assist with preparation of a cost proposal by analyzing RFP requirements, preparing proposal cost spreadsheets following a defined Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), including labor hours, subcontractors/consultants, materials, ODCs, and travel
• Assist in preparing proposal cost narratives and cost volumes
• Develop cost templates for proposed subcontractors
• Work with Procurement staff to obtain quotes for proposed materials or services
• Maintain and update internal cost proposal data/information
• Ensure SigSci Estimating System compliance
• Assist on other projects as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required
• Strong analytical and organizational skills are required
• Attention to detail is required
• Effective communicator, written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while ensuring quality deliverables
• Understanding of the proposal development lifecycle is desired
• Experience preparing cost proposals in response to Requests for Proposal (RFP) including the following contract types: cost plus (award fee, fixed fee, incentive fee), time and materials, firm fixed price, is desired
• Knowledge of Federal contract pricing and Government procurement (i.e., FAR) as it pertains to cost proposals is desired
• Experience with ProPricer software is desired
• Experience with Costpoint software is desired
• Strong Excel skills is desired
Bachelors degree in business administration, finance, or accounting is required.
At lease one (1) year of prior professional experience in tasks related to the essential duties and responsiblities is required. Prior experience preparing cost proposals for a Government contractor or preparing Government project cost/financial spreadsheets is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Work will primarily be conducted at the Company's headquarters in Austin, TX. Occasional, but limited, travel may be required.
May require extended evening hours and weekend support to meet critical proposal schedules and deadlines
Incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment available. Incumbent will be required to sit for extended periods at a desk and work on a computer for up to eight hours per day.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.