- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide analytical chemistry subject matter expertise to one or more chemistry-based applied research projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and validates analytical methods using thermal desorption (TD), gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (LC), ion chromatography (IC), mass spectrometry (MS), and microscopy
- Performs troubleshooting and non-routine maintenance on TD, GC, LC, IC, MS, and microscopy instrumentation
- Ensures the readiness of TD, GC, LC, IC, MS, and microscopy instrumentation
- Facilitates the stand-up of new analytical instrumentation
- Leads meetings with company clients by preparing and presenting meeting materials in meetings
- Develops innovative solutions to complex problems
- Develops improvements to currently used processes and analysis methods
- Trains, leads, and mentors junior level scientists to execute analytical chemistry tasks
- Performs wet chemistry (dilutions, extractions, etc.)
- Composes, reviews, and executes test plans and standard operating procedures
- Composes and reviews technical reports
- Performs literature reviews
- Safely handles explosives and other hazardous materials
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- - Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new things
- Previous experience with TD, GC, LC, IC, or MS
- Excellent working knowledge of TD, GC, LC, IC, and MS
- Technical writing, presentation, verbal communication, and listening skills
Education/Experience: Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in chemistry with five to ten years of analytical chemistry experience or a graduate degree (masters or PhD) chemistry with up to five years of experience.
Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses are required for this position.
Clearance: The ability to obtain a Secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The incumbent professional has little to no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.