Chemist- Instrumental Analyst
- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to develop and validate gas chromatography (GC) methods at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops analytical methods using GC.
- Leads GC method validation activities.
- Performs troubleshooting and non-routine maintenance on GC instrumentation.
- Performs wet chemistry (dilutions, extractions, etc.).
- Composes, reviews, and executes test plans and standard operating procedures.
- Composes and reviews technical reports.
- Performs literature reviews.
- Safely handles explosives and other hazardous materials.
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Required KSA's
- Positive attitude.
- Previous experience in GC method development.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Good working skills of software and tools necessary for job functions, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Preferred KSA's
- Previous experience in GC method development for energetic materials.
- Previous experience in liquid chromatography or ion chromatography method development.
Education/Experience: Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in chemistry and five to ten years of GC method development experience.
Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses are required for this position.
Clearance: The ability to obtain a Secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The incumbent professional has little to no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.