Client Support Specialist
- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Client Support Specialist provides on-site and remote end-user support and troubleshooting of issues related to end-user information technology assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls and trouble tickets, determine problems through asking appropriate questions, perform basic troubleshooting, and help in resolution of issues.
- Research problems through review of vetted knowledge base articles and discussion with co-workers.
- Determine appropriate escalation of trouble tickets to the Systems Administration Team if company network assets are involved.
- Train users on use of software and hardware.
- Test software and hardware to determine functional status.
- Provide written evaluations and recommendations of hardware and software for management review.
- Maintain user training manuals and procedures.
- Maintain technical documentation related to the configuration of components (i.e. hardware, operating system, applications, management tools, etc.), including installation and troubleshooting instructions.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of classified IT systems. This may include but not be limited to activities like file transfers, documentation updates, user security briefings, and auditing.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Windows 10
- General knowledge of computer hardware
- Intermediate knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including Office 365 and Skype for Business
- Proficiency in operating and maintaining personal workstations and other IT-related equipment found in a typical office environment, including, but not limited to, desktops/laptops, scanners/printers, VTC systems, VoIP phones, etc.
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is required. Four year's professional experience working in an IT-related role may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of two years' experience working in an IT-related role. If professional experience is utilized to satisfy the education requirement, a total of at least six years' experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
A certification identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT Level I or higher is preferred.
For a list of approved certifications, visit https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
This position is a M-F 40-hour/week position in an office environment. Specific scheduled start time will be established by the Supervisor. Due to the nature of the position, strict adherence to scheduled work hours is a firm requirement. Deviations from scheduled work hours must be preauthorized by the Supervisor. Incumbent may be required to work overtime or adjust start and stop times to meet company requirements. Must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; and must be able to sit for long durations in front of a computer. May have occasional contact with lab materials.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings