- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Information System Security Officer (ISSO) ensures that the company's information technology systems comply with regulations and client requirements by performing duties as defined in RMF ICD-703, DoD 5220.22-M (NISPOM), NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook, and as directed by the company's Information System Security Manager (ISSM). The Senior ISSO provides guidance to junior-level ISSOs as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems to satisfy requirements defined in RMF ICD-703, NISPOM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Act as a backup for ISSM-related tasks on all accredited systems (classified and unclassified). This includes activities like documentation updates, user security briefings, and auditing.
- Interface with the Systems Administration Team to verify domain changes are coordinated with employees and that required hardware, software, and procedures are adjusted to maintain access to all services.
- Develop, encode, test, debug, document, and install programs to support client and server software systems.
- Work with the ISSM to develop, design, test, and implement plans and procedures to protect and continue IT system activities in case of emergencies or disasters.
- Identify the off-premise locations, storage facilities, and resources needed (both systems-related and human resources) for recovery operations. This includes establishing emergency action plans and priorities.
- Work closely with the ISSM and the Client Support Team to develop familiarity with corporate needs and regular operations.
- Assist with client support activities related to information security.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience preparing documentation required to obtain an Approval to Operate (ATO) following assessment and authorization in a RMF environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Familiarity with basic client system troubleshooting and maintenance techniques.
- Familiarity with server and network administration
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is required. Four year's professional experience working in an IT-related role may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of ten years' experience working in a classified IT system management environment. If professional experience is utilized to satisfy the education requirement, a total of at least 14 years' experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
A certification identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT Level II or higher is required to be obtained within six months of hire. Candidates with a current certification at this level will receive preference.
For a list of approved certifications, visit https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings