- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Information System Security Officer (ISSO) ensures that the company's information technology systems comply with regulations and client requirements by performing duties as defined in RMF ICD-703, DoD 5220.22-M (NISPOM), NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook, and as directed by the company's Information System Security Manager (ISSM). The Senior ISSO provides guidance to junior-level ISSOs as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems to satisfy requirements defined in RMF ICD-703, NISPOM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Act as a backup for ISSM-related tasks on all accredited systems (classified and unclassified). This includes activities like documentation updates, user security briefings, and auditing.
- Interface with the Systems Administration Team to verify domain changes are coordinated with employees and that required hardware, software, and procedures are adjusted to maintain access to all services.
- Develop, encode, test, debug, document, and install programs to support client and server software systems.
- Work with the ISSM to develop, design, test, and implement plans and procedures to protect and continue IT system activities in case of emergencies or disasters.
- Identify the off-premise locations, storage facilities, and resources needed (both systems-related and human resources) for recovery operations. This includes establishing emergency action plans and priorities.
- Work closely with the ISSM and the Client Support Team to develop familiarity with corporate needs and regular operations.
- Assist with client support activities related to information security.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience preparing documentation required to obtain an Approval to Operate (ATO) following assessment and authorization in a RMF environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Familiarity with basic client system troubleshooting and maintenance techniques.
- Familiarity with server and network administration
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is required. Four year's professional experience working in an IT-related role may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of ten years' experience working in a classified IT system management environment. If professional experience is utilized to satisfy the education requirement, a total of at least 14 years' experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
A certification identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT Level II or higher is required to be obtained within six months of hire. Candidates with a current certification at this level will receive preference.
For a list of approved certifications, visit https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.