- - TX-Austin
- TX, USA
- Full Time
The incumbent professional will execute and document a range technical activities to support the execution of projects within in the Chemical Sciences Business unit as an intern.
Performance of all job duties is intended to be completed under supervision of the supervisor or other staff.
Essential Duties and Reponsibilities:
• Apply technical skills to execute assigned tasking including instrument testing and evaluation and chemical analysis.
• Appropriately document experimental results in laboratory notebooks, benchsheets, and reports.
• Support the presentation of technical results through the formatting of data and assessment of results.
• Present experimental results at internal project meetings.
• Conform to company health and safety measures including wearing of appropriate PPE and reporting observed H&S deficiencies.
• Work with Business Area management to ensure proper storage, documentation, and disposal of chemical materials.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of proper documentation of scientific experiments.
• Ability to maintain attention to detail during execution scientific experiments.
• Familiarity with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Incumbent must have graduated high school and be currently enrolled in a B.S. or B.A. degree program in the physical or biological sciences.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment and in laboratories at the Austin campus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The incumbent should be able to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance and 50 pounds with assistance to complete laboratory maintenance activities.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings