IT Client Support Specialist
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Client Support Specialist provides end-user support and troubleshooting of issues related to end-user information technology assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls and trouble tickets, determine problems through asking appropriate questions, perform basic troubleshooting, and help in resolution of issues.
- Research problems through review of vetted knowledge base articles and discussion with co-workers.
- Determine appropriate escalation of trouble tickets to the Systems Administration Team if company network assets are involved.
- Train users on use of software and hardware.
- Test software and hardware to determine functional status.
- Provide written evaluations and recommendations of hardware and software for management review.
- Maintain user training manuals and procedures.
- Maintain technical documentation related to the configuration of components (i.e. hardware, operating system, applications, management tools, etc.), including installation and troubleshooting instructions.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of classified IT systems. This may includes but not limited to activities like file transfers, documentation updates, user security briefings, and auditing.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Windows 10
- General knowledge of computer hardware
- Intermediate knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including Office 365 and Skype for Business
- Proficiency in operating and maintaining personal workstations and other IT-related equipment found in a typical office environment, including, but not limited to, desktops/laptops, scanners/printers, VTC systems, VoIP phones, etc.
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Associates Degree required (Bachelors preferred)
- A minimum of five years' experience working in an IT related role with at least two of those years in Corporate/Enterprise Client support and/or help desk experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Preferred: Certifications identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT or IAM Level 1 or higher
For a list of approved certifications, visit http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings