Linux Systems Administrator
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Systems Administrator serves to assist and support planning, design, installation, implementation, and maintenance of all IT infrastructure services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure, operate, and maintain server and network systems to satisfy requirements defined in RMF ICD-703, NISPOM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Configure and maintain Linux servers running RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Anticipate, mitigate, and communicate any potential impact of changes to ensure the availability of corporate IT services.
- Develop test plans and procudures for any new IT infrastructure or systems implementations.
- Document all changes and solutions to problems in a centralized knowledge base.
- Support the Cybersecurity and Client Support Teams as a subject matter expert in Linux servers/desktops running RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of common Linux Services (e.g., LDAP, SAML, Kerberos, PKI/Certificates, PAM, GSSAPI, SSH, FTP, HTTPD, etc.)
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Associates Degree required (Bachelors preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years' experience working in an IT related role.
Certificates and Licenses:
Preferred: Certifications identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT or IAM Level 2 or higher
For a list of approved certifications, visit http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.