Linux Systems Administrator
- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Systems Administrator serves to assist and support planning, design, installation, implementation, and maintenance of all IT infrastructure services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure, operate, and maintain server and network systems to satisfy requirements defined in RMF ICD-703, NISPOM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Configure and maintain Linux servers running RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Anticipate, mitigate, and communicate any potential impact of changes to ensure the availability of corporate IT services.
- Develop test plans and procudures for any new IT infrastructure or systems implementations.
- Document all changes and solutions to problems in a centralized knowledge base.
- Support the Cybersecurity and Client Support Teams as a subject matter expert in Linux servers/desktops running RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of common Linux Services (e.g., LDAP, SAML, Kerberos, PKI/Certificates, PAM, GSSAPI, SSH, FTP, HTTPD, etc.)
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Associates Degree required (Bachelors preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years' experience working in an IT related role.
Certificates and Licenses:
Preferred: Certifications identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT or IAM Level 2 or higher
For a list of approved certifications, visit http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings