- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The incumbent professional will plan, execute, document, and report on a range technical activities to support the execution of projects within in the Chemical Sciences Business unit. Performance of all job duties is intended to be completed under limited direct supervision of the supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Apply technical skills to plan and execute assigned project work including chemical synthesis, formulation, analysis, instrument testing and evaluation, and/or instrument development.
• Maintain operational capabilities of laboratory equipment as designated by cognizant lab manager.
• Support meetings with company clients by preparing meeting materials and attending client meetings as needed.
• Handle explosives, narcotics, and toxic chemicals in the form of solutions and neat materials following appropriate training.
• Dispose of chemical waste properly and in accordance with applicable laws and internal procedures.
• Appropriately document experimental results in laboratory notebooks, benchsheets, and reports.
• Support the presentation of technical results through the drafting of reports and presentation materials.
• Present experimental results and recommended actions at internal project meetings.
• Support business development efforts as needed by drafting brief technical sections of proposals, provide proposal review, and assess levels of effort required to complete proposed work.
• Conform to company health and safety measures including wearing of appropriate PPE, undertaking medical monitoring, and reporting observed H&S deficiencies.
• Work with Business Area management to ensure proper storage, documentation, and disposal of DEA Scheduled compounds, as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge in properly designing and executing scientific experiments
• Ability to plan sequence of experiments to answer complicated technical questions
• Ability to lead group of co-workers in execution of a task
• Expertise in chemical analysis or chemical synthesis
• Sufficient business knowledge to support proposal efforts
• Working knowledge of statistics as it applies to scientific data
• Working knowledge of analytical chemistry
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Ability to thoroughly document technical experiments
Incumbent must have a bachelor degree and 5 years of professional experience; a master's degree and 2 years of professional experience, or a Ph.D. without additional experience.
Incumbent may be required to maintain IATA Hazardous Shipper training. Incumbent will be required to be included as an Employee Possessor on SigSci's ATF permit.
Incumbent must be willing to seek and maintain government security clearnace at the SECRET level.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment and in laboratories at the Austin campus.
Limited domestic travel may be required up to 25 % time. Infrequently incumbent will be needed to work after-hours/weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The incumbent should be able to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance and 50 pounds with assistance to complete laboratory maintenance activities.
• Incumbent may have to wear and function in personal protective equipment, including a respirator for limited periods of time.
• Incumbent will be required to complete company paid for medical monitoring.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings