- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to perform data collection activities using physics and x-ray based instrumentation at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates checkpoint and check bag explosive detection systems (EDS) as well as analytical physics instrumentation (computed tomography, x-ray fluorescence, x-ray diffraction, etc.).
- Performs troubleshooting, maintenance, and method development on EDS and analytical instrumentation.
- Assembles test articles and bags per test specifications.
- Prepares samples for analyses.
- Analyzes, compiles, reports, and archives collected data.
- Composes and reviews technical reports and standard operating procedures.
- Composes, reviews, and executes test plans.
- Performs literature reviews.
- Safely handles explosive and other hazardous materials.
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Required KSA's
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Good working knowledge of scientific and analytical techniques.
- Good working skills of software and tools necessary for job functions including Microsoft Office suite, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Java.
- Preferred KSA's
- Previous experience handling energetic material.
- Previous experience with EDS.
Education/Experience: Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a physical science or engineering.
Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses are required for this position.
Clearance: The ability to obtain a Secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The incumbent professional has little to no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.