- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to perform data collection activities using physics and x-ray based instrumentation at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates checkpoint and check bag explosive detection systems (EDS) as well as analytical physics instrumentation (computed tomography, x-ray fluorescence, x-ray diffraction, etc.).
- Performs troubleshooting, maintenance, and method development on EDS and analytical instrumentation.
- Assembles test articles and bags per test specifications.
- Prepares samples for analyses.
- Analyzes, compiles, reports, and archives collected data.
- Composes and reviews technical reports and standard operating procedures.
- Composes, reviews, and executes test plans.
- Performs literature reviews.
- Safely handles explosive and other hazardous materials.
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Required KSA's
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Good working knowledge of scientific and analytical techniques.
- Good working skills of software and tools necessary for job functions including Microsoft Office suite, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Java.
- Preferred KSA's
- Previous experience handling energetic material.
- Previous experience with EDS.
Education/Experience: Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a physical science or engineering.
Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses are required for this position.
Clearance: The ability to obtain a Secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The incumbent professional has little to no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings