- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
The Systems Administrator possesses and active TS/SCI clearance with a current counterintelligence polygraph and serves to assist and support planning, design, installation, implementation, and maintenance of IT infrastructure services located at Signature Science and our customer facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure, operate, and maintain server and network systems to satisfy requirements defined in RMF ICD-703, NISPOM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of preparing documentation required to obtain an Approval to Operate (ATO) following assessment and authorization in a RMF environment.
- Assume responsibilities of moving of a project through the RMF process in government-procured systems such as Xacta, eMass, or OBMS.Configure and maintain Windows and Linux servers running RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Anticipate, mitigate, and communicate any potential impact of changes to ensure the availability of Program IT services.
- Develop test plans and procudures for any new IT infrastructure or systems implementations.
- Document all changes and solutions to problems in a centralized knowledge base.
- Support the Cybersecurity and Client Support Teams as a subject matter expert in Windows, Linux servers/desktops running RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of common Linux Services (e.g., LDAP, SAML, Kerberos, PKI/Certificates, PAM, GSSAPI, SSH, FTP, HTTPD, etc.)
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Associates Degree required (Bachelors preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in an IT related role.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certifications identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT Level 2 or higher are required to be obtained within six months of start date. Candidates with current certifications at this level will receive preference.
For a list of approved certifications, visit http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
Required: Active TS/SCI with current Counter Intelligence Polygraph. This position requires that the candidate possess upon hiring and maintain as required a TS/SCI security clearance with a CI poly.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work occasional nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings