- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor , NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the lead synthetic chemist at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows currently established standard operating procedures to synthesize homemade explosives (HME).
- Performs research to develop syntheses for new HME of interest.
- Performs quality control of HMS synthesized at the TSL.
- Works directly with federal client to achieve the goals of the HME laboratory at the TSL.
- Performs wet chemistry (dilutions, extractions, etc.).
- Composes and reviews technical reports and standard operating procedures.
- Composes, reviews, and executes test plans.
- Performs literature reviews.
- Safely handles explosive and other hazardous materials.
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Required KSA's
- Extensive knowledge of organic chemistry syntheses.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Good working skills of software and tools necessary for job functions including Microsoft Office suite.
- Preferred KSA's
- Previous experience synthesizing and handling energetic material.
Education/Experience: Incumbent professional should have a PhD in chemistry or synthetic chemistry.
Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses are required for this position.
Clearance: The ability to obtain a Secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The incumbent professional may oversee junior level chemists performing synthetic chemistry tasks.
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings