Forensic Scientist – Latent Print Examiner/Team Lead
- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
To examine and process evidentiary items for latent prints through chemical and physical procedures as well as provide direction and support to applied science activities in the field forensics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct comparisons of subject to candidate fingerprint images using both automated tools as well as manual methodologies to make a determination of identification, exclusion or inconclusive.
- Conduct name, DOB and biometric identifier searches of databases to gather biographic and biometric data.
- Prepare reports reflecting decisions rendered.
- Encode prints and prepare files for upload and searching; Run various search tools to local additional information on subjects
- Provide expertise in forensics sciences and specifically latent print to applied research projects as well as test and evaluation of new and emerging technologies.
- Apply skills and knowledge to research, development, test, and evaluation activities in the field of latent print.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience and understanding with the various tools and methods used for latent prints.
- Expertise in Forensic Sciences, specifically latent print.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering required. Graduate degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or Forensic Science preferred.
- Minimum of seven years directly related professional experience as a Latent Print Examiner. Preference given to applicants with research experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
International Association for Identification Certification as a Tenprint Examiner. Experience with Universal Latent Workstation (ULW).
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance as well as complete a CI polygraph. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Responsible for supervising and mentoring 3-5 team members.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
This position is largely laboratory based. Travel, domestic and international, for extended periods will be required for extended periods (up to 130 days) based on specific project assignments.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings