- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations requires a Logistics Coordinator. This person will perform routine duties related to the acquisition of materials and services to fulfill requests for purchases and the administration of property control activities in accordance with established company policies and procedures and under limited supervision of the supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the organization's daily logistical operations, including inventory control, order fulfillment, and distribution.
- Organizes warehousing for goods.
- Reviews inventory to ensure that product adjustments are properly applied.
- Plans and schedules inbound and outbound shipments to internal or external customers based on needs.
- Acts as liaison between customers, freight carriers and shipping department.
- Ensures on-time delivery of goods to customers, by investigating and resolving detention issues.
- Controls costs by evaluating shipments, consolidating loads, and selecting most cost-efficient method of shipment
- May assist staff in defining requirements for acquisition requisitions in accordance with company policies and other regulations.
- Assists in the review of requisitions documents from staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Initiates requests for quotations or invitations to bid based on requisition documents received from staff.
- Performs directed research and analysis to confirm price reasonableness through a variety of techniques.
- Assists in the analysis and comparison of bids and quotes against specifications to determine and make best value awards.
- Assists in the review of pricing information to create award justification documentation.
- Assists in the generation and distribution of purchase order documentation.
- Handles and packages hazardous materials for domestic and overseas shipments, as required.
- Follows up on back orders; expedites with vendor any special arrangements for delivery, and communicates to department and requestors the expected delivery date.
- Resolves issues with vendors, and communicates to department and requestors as to resolution.
- Assists with property control program activities to ensure continual accountability of government, associate subcontractor, or company property in accordance with applicable government regulations and company policy.
- Assists in the maintenance of property accountability records, determines condition of property, and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment.
- Assists in the preparation of periodic and special purpose reports related to property inventory status.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, government regulations, and legal documents, write effective correspondence for both internal and external consumption, and speak effectively before groups of employees, clients, or vendors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Mastery of basic algebra and a working knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Possesses sound reasoning skills and regularly shows ability to learn and interpret complex technical rules, regulations, and instructions. Ability to solve practical problems dealing with a variety of concrete variables with limited guidance from the supervisor and with great attention to detail.
- HS diploma w/ completion of at least 30 semester hours of college or university coursework
Certificates and Licenses:
- HAZMAT-related handling certification(s) highly desired, but not required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance up to Top Secret
- Minimum clearance level is DoD Interim Secret
- No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
- Entry Logistics Coordinator will report to local Manager for general needs and to local PMs and/or Task Leads procurement/inventory-related needs on projects.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office, laboratory, and warehouse environments.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at government location and local travel to training sites.
- Utilize fork lift and/or pallet stacker.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds with assistance and 20 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to climb a ladder and use power tools.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings