- - NJ- Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to perform chemistry tasks at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and analyzes data using gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry detection (LCMS), and ion chromatography (IC).
- Performs troubleshooting, maintenance, and method development on GC, LCMS, and IC instrumentation.
- Performs wet chemistry (dilutions, extractions, etc.).
- Collects and analyzes data using explosive trace detection (ETD) systems.
- Performs microscopy measurements using stereomicroscope or polarized light microscope.
- Composes and reviews technical reports and standard operating procedures.
- Composes, reviews, and executes test plans.
- Synthesizes homemade explosives.
- Performs literature reviews.
- Safely handles explosive and other hazardous materials.
- Sources materials and submits purchase requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Required KSA's
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Good working knowledge of trace analytical instrumentation (GC, LCMS, and IC).
- Good working skills of software and tools necessary for job functions including Microsoft Office suite.
- Preferred KSA's
- Previous experience handling energetic material.
- Previous experience with ETD systems.
- Previous experience with the development of explosive simulants.
- Familiarity with bulk explosive detection systems.
- Familiarity with computer programing languages, such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic for Applications, MATLAB, Python, C, C++, or Java.
Education/Experience: Incumbent professional should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in chemistry and at least two years of qualified experience.
Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses are required for this position.
Clearance: The ability to obtain a Secret clearance and Department of Homeland Security suitability is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The incumbent professional has little to no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Conditions/ Equipment: The incumbent professional is expected to work and/or be available during regular business hours. He/she should also generally be available via e-mail or phone during non-business hours as needed to address critical issues or emergencies. He/she may be required to travel on behalf of the company up to 25%.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings