- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
An Informatics is responsible for identifying and resolving program or data issues, preparing annotated computer code, and validating computer programs with a focus on forensics and metagenomics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop tools for management, analysis and interpretation of next generation sequencing data
- Implement and execute data processing workflows and automated analytic pipelines
- Create standardized summary tables and figures
- Manage large dataset collections including analytical results and data quality
- Develop annotated computer code and conduct code reviews and programming validation
- Conduct workflow benchmarking
- Identify inconsistencies and initiate resolution of data problems
- Prepare SOPs, document source code/workflows, and write reports to summarize computational
requirements, processing status, and customized analysis results as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of at least one programming language including Python, C/C++, Perl, Bash, or Ruby and knowledge in at least one environment for high-dimensional data analysis such as Python or R is required.
- Competent in using Linux/Unix operating system command line interface
- Ability to develop and query relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- Familiarity with next-generation sequencing data and open-source bioinformatics tools
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing is desired
- Experience with NextFlow, SnakeMake, or similar workflow/pipeline management systems is desired
- Experience using Version Control software (e.g., Git or similar) to manage programming code
- Proactive, self-starter
- Experience using workflows and sprints throughout the development process Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral
- PhD in Data Science or related field
- 7-10 years of experience managing and analyzing large-scale datasets produced sequencing platforms and deliver solutions for managing, visualizing, analyzing, and interpreting genomic data
- Manipulate and format data to assess data quality and analyze data
Certificates and Licenses:
Click here to enter text.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
May serve as a task/project lead.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Ability to work in varying conditions to include: traditional office environments with sedentary extended periods required for code development and testing;
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings