- - VA-Charlottesville
- VA, USA
- Full Time
The Informatics S&T Advisor is responsible for providing technical leadership for current and emerging bioinformatics and other data science offerings. This position will be responsible for providing senior-level technical support and oversight to multidisciplinary, geographically diverse teams that are responsible for the design, development, evaluation, implementation, and modification of computer programs to process, manage, and analyze large data sets, with a focus on forensics and metagenomics. This Informatics S&T Advisor will identify new/emerging opportunities and will collaborate with company leadership to develop and expand data science offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert-level bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, and genomics-related data science consultation, serving as a key customer technical interface and project task leader/Principal Investigator.
- Advise internal and external collaborators in the experimental design and analysis of genome-scale research.
- Provide direction and consultation regarding the management, manipulation, and analysis of large-scale high-dimensional data
- Represent the company's bioinformatics and general data science offering at industry conferences, meetings, presentations
- Expand academic and non-academic collaborations and partnerships related to bioinformatics and data science
- Lead internal bioinformatics and data science research and development
- Identify and lead bioinformatics and data science business development opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate command of multiple programming languages such as R, Python, and/or Perl as well as multi-dimensional data science environments
- Demonstrate ability to develop, test, and improve data processing workflows and analytic pipelines
- Demonstrate ability to concurrently provide technical leadership for multiple teams and initiatives
- Demonstrate ability to train and mentor bioinformaticians and data scientists
- PhD in Bio/Informatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Post-doctoral Fellowship in the field of data science
- 10+ years of experience managing and analyzing large-scale datasets produced by next-generation sequencing platforms and deliver solutions for managing, visualizing, analyzing, and interpreting genomic data Experience developing and expanding an organization's bioinformatics/data science offerings
Certificates and Licenses:
Click here to enter text.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
May serve as a supervisor/team lead
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Ability to work in varying conditions to include: traditional office environments with sedentary extended periods required for code development and testing;
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.